Sunday, September 4, 2011

Let It Be

I believe in life we rarely meet people that are true, genuine real friends. Friendships that are lifelong are hard to come by. I'm a firm believe that's friendship should not be work. It should just be.

Friendship is not a marriage, its not a relationship. Friendships just are.
Ive been let down my fair share of times. Ive been stood up my fair share of times. But my best friends are truly the ones I can go weeks without speaking to but when I need to talk to them, they are willing to talk to me.
They don't complain that I haven't talked to them, they don't act cold towards me because I haven't talked to them in a couple weeks. Its as if we never had a lapse in conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I give my friends a hard time when they don't call or text me. Jokingly of course. I give them a hard time because I want to make sure they KNOW that if they ever need me, I'm there. Its not so much that I'm upset because they haven't talked to me. But I just don't want them to ever feel like they have no one. 

Sometimes I take things to personally, I get my feelings hurt, or I feel like I'm not "important". But that's just me, that's who I am. I'm sensitive. But...my friends get me

Being alone is...well its not fun. Its a sad thing to feel like you have no one to turn to. I don't ever want my friends to feel like that. 

Earlier this year I had a falling out with what I considered to be a good friend. If she was to call me this moment needing me, I would be there circumstances willing. 

My kids come first, always will...If you don't like that, well I will not apologize for that! My friends realize my priorities and respect them. Even if they don't understand it, they respect it.

I like to think I'm a good friend. I like to think that I'm available for my friends when they need me....circumstances permitting. Im honest, even if I know its going to hurt. Because the truth always hurts less then a lie

No comments:

Post a Comment